John Lawson (1709 - 1759):
John Lawson was born in Omagh, County Tyrone, and was educated at Trinity College, Dublin, where he became a Doctor of Divinity in 1745. He was a lecturer in history and oratory and later Professor of Divinity. In 1743 he was appointed the first librarian of the college. He published many of his sermons and was a distinguished linguist.
||9 January 1759