John George Beresford (1773 - 1862):
Archbishop, Church of Ireland
John George Beresford was born in Dublin and was educated at Eton and Oxford. He entered the Church and came to Armagh in 1822 as Archbishop and Primate of All Ireland, having been Bishop of Cork and Ross, Raphoe, and Clogher and Archbishop of Dublin. He was Vice Chancellor of Dublin University and later Chancellor. He restored the Cathedral of Armagh as well as installing a campanile in the library-square of Trinity College, Dublin. As the son of the first Marquis of Waterford he became Lord George Beresford. He published sermons, and is buried in Armagh Cathedral.
||22 November 1773
||8 July 1862