John Hall (1829 - 1898):
John Hall was born in Ballygorman, County Armagh, and was educated in Belfast. He was ordained and became a Presbyterian minister in Armagh and later in Dublin. As well as contributing prose and poetry to local papers, he edited the Evangelical Witness. He went as minister to Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church, New York, in 1867, and had a doctorate conferred on him by Trinity College, Dublin in 1891. He returned to Ireland and died in Bangor, County Down. [Biography by his son].