Hugh Frazer (or Fraser) (c.1813 - 1861):
Hugh Frazer was born in Dromore, County Down. He was a pupil in the Drawing School of the Dublin Society in 1812. He published Essay on Painting, and from 1826 to 1861 was a regular exhibitor at the Royal Hibernian Academy. His 'River Lagan from Stranmillis' is in the Belfast Harbour Office and he also painted 'Ruins of Old Priory Church, Hloywood'. In 1837 he became a member of the Royal Hibernian Academy. He was President of the Association of Artists which was founded in Belfast in 1836. Some of his works are in the Ulster Museum, Belfast.