Robert West ( - 1770):
Robert West was born in Waterford and became a builder and stucco worker. He ran an academy for teaching drawing in George's Lane Dublin in 1747. It was taken over by the Royal Dublin Society, which then employed him. The rococo plasterwork at Florence Court, Enniskillen, County Fermanagh, is his, and it is thought that he built Newman House, St Stephen's Green. A house built by him in 20 Lower Dominic Street, Dublin, has a magnificent staircase.