Ethel Rhind (c.1900 - ):
Ethel Rhind was born in Bengal, India and educated at Londonderry High School and the School of Art, Belfast. In 1902 she attended the Dublin Metropolitan School of Art where she was awarded a scholarship in mosaic. Her window in the Old Court Chapel, Strangford, County Down won first prize at the Royal Dublin Society in 1908. She worked at An Tur Gloine and specialised in 'opus sectile', a technique involving a mosaic of glass set into the plaster of a wall. She designed the Stations of the Cross for St. Enda's Church at Spiddal, County Galway, using this process. Further examples of her work can be seen in Grangegorman Church in Dublin, and in Magheralin Church, County Down. Her work was shown at the Arts and Crafts Society of Ireland in 1910, 1917 and 1921 and she was a member of the Guild of Irish Art-Workers.