Ann Marshall (1792 - 1860):
Ann Marshall was admitted as a patient to the hospital in West Street, Belfast in 1810. After her treatment she was employed as a domestic. By 1812 she had become an assistant nurse and had been promoted to nurse by 1819. In 1832 she was Head Nurse. She remained working in the hospital until her death. In 1849, when the hospital was facing a financial crisis, she donated her entire life savings. A plaque was erected in her honour and a copy is in the entrance hall of Bostock House, the Royal Hospital.